GreenGeeks Web Hosting will be sponsoring the largest WordPress event in North America, WordCamp US, in Nashville, Tennessee. It will be held December 7th – 9th, 2018.
The WCUS is in its 4th year and we are so proud to be a part of this massive event! The first two days will be scheduled sessions (Friday & Saturday) with Sunday being dedicated as the contributor day.
“WordCamp US 2018 will be held at Music City Center, 201 Fifth Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203. Located in the heart of downtown Nashville, Music City Center is home to a covered parking garage and is directly on Nashville MTA bus routes.”
Read more about the WordCamp Nashville location if you’re interested in the event.
In 2018, the WordCamp US in Nashville hosted ~1,700 attendees, which doesn’t include the 2,000+ all around the globe who were watching the live stream online. This year, WordCamp US is expected to host 2,000 attendees.
Once again the entire event will be live streamed for those who cannot travel to this fabulous venue. A live stream will be available via WordPress.tv
At this time sponsorships are nearly sold out. If you wish to attend this event, I highly suggest purchasing a ticket as soon as you possibly can. It is sure to be a sold-out show and will be WELL beyond worthy of any other $40 investment you could ever make in your life.
These camps not only help educate people and bring individuals together from every part of the globe, but they also change lives.
Example: You could be a blogger starting out a small story online and ending up at an event like this. It could also be the difference between becoming an influencer in months versus a year or more with all the free education and connections you will make.
Come prepared to learn and have a blast while you’re doing it!
Just a few other reasons I suggest attending WordCamp US include:
- “Elvis recorded over 200 of his songs at RCA’s historic Studio B on Music Row. A string of Christmas lights still hangs in the studio to this day. These lights were put up when Elvis had a hard time getting in the holiday spirit while recording a Christmas album.”
- Nashville has the world’s only full-scale replica of The Parthenon. It’s located in Centennial Park and houses the city’s art museum. There’s also a 42-foot-tall statue of Athena inside.
- Visit the Hermitage, one of Nashville’s most attractive spots. Formerly the home of Andrew Jackson, the seventh President of the United States, the structure was built in 1819. An old mansion on the property is now home to an interesting museum.
With that said, I can’t wait to see all the WordCampers, their happy faces and meet some new people! It’s sure to be an excellent event. Don’t forget to grab a ticket and I will see you there.
Just some of the speakers who will be contributing their knowledge and educating those who choose to sit in on their talks include:
- Alexis Lloyd of Automattic
- Andrew Taylor of Pantheon
- Angela Meeker of OptinMonster
- Chris Coyier of CodePen
- Chris Teitzel of Cellar Door Media
- Drew Gorton of Pantheon
- Dwayne McDaniel of Pantheon
- Gary Pendergast pf Automattic
- Helen Hou-Sandi of 10up
- Jason Bahl of Digital First Media
- Jason Cohen of WP Engine
- Jenny Beaumont of Human Made
- Jessi Gurr of Iceberg Web Design
These are just a handful of the talented people in the WordPress community who share their vast amounts of knowledge at camps all over the US and beyond. I for one, cannot wait to learn from these subject matter experts!
I hope you will join us.
Use the session schedule to keep track of what or who you would like to learn and listen. I highly suggest taking notes in these sessions and giving your all to these speakers. Their knowledge could be the reason your life is changed.
This year’s after party is being moved from the typical Saturday to Friday, December 7th, and will be hosted at the Adventure Science Center as it was last year.
Read more about the after party and get a taste of what you might experience!
Get ready for some FUN! The entire 44,000 square foot facility will be open to all attendees. With dozens of activities to enjoy and shows playing in the Sudekum Planetarium, this camp will be one for the books.
WordCamp US 2018 will feature a community bazaar as it did in 2017. There is so much to learn from other communities who successfully pull together these WordCamps every year and host meetups consistently.
If this seems like something you would benefit from, I suggest you definitely read about the bazaar and what it contributes.
Sign up while you still can!